Who can be a foster/adoptive parent?
All types of families can be successful adoptive families!
Families can be:
- Single or married
- With or without children
- From a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds
- From a variety of age groups, but must be at least 21 years of age
Families adopting from foster care must be willing to:
- Complete training to become a licensed foster family
- Demonstrate emotional and financial stability
- Be flexible, resourceful, and have room in their home for a child or children